Requirements for renewal of an NGO Permit in Uganda as of March 2022
An NGO is required to obtain both a Certificate of Registration and a Permit of operation at the first instance of registration before it commences operations. A Certificate of Registration is issued once and a Permit of Operation is issued for a period between one (1) to five (5) years as desired by the organization. Upon expiry, an NGO is required to first renew its Permit of operation before proceeding with its operations. An NGO whose permit expires, but continues to operate without renewal of its permit will be fined one hundred currency points (UGX 2,000,000) for every month of operation in default of renewal of its permit. The requirements for renewal of an NGO Permit are as indicated below; and apply to Indigenous, Regional, Continental, Foreign and International NGOs)
Checklist of the requirements for renewal of an NGO Permit in Uganda
- Application for renewal Form H.
- A letter requesting for registration and a permit to operate, adressed to the Executive Director, NGO Bureau, indicating the objectives of the organisation, area of operation, and number of years applied for not exceeding (5) five.
- A Photocopy of the expiring permit of operation.
- A copy of certified financial statements for the previous years signed by a Certified Auditor.
- Minutes of the Annual General Assembly which passed resolution for renewal of permit and signed attendance list.
- Annual Workplan and Itemised Budget for the number of years applied for in the Permit application.
- Annual Reports of the previous years
- Copies of valid identification documents (National ID or Passport) and Passport size Photos of the promoters/founder members.
- Certified copy of a certificate of registration from URSB or equivalent from country of origin.
- A recommendation from the District Non Governmental Organisation Monitoring Committee (DNMC) from the Headquarters where the organisation is located.
- Certified copy of the Memorandum of Understanding from the district of operation.
- Certified copy of Certificate of Registration from Financial Intelligence Authority (FIA).
- Copy of the tax identification Number Certificate (TIN) for the organisation from URA.
- Proof of payment of prescribed fees for the Operation Permit.
- Copy of Internal Monitoring Tool (IRF)
For more information contact us at www.lawyers-uganda.com or mobile and whatssapp +256752024021